Thursday, January 20, 2011

"This I how we overcome"

Day 24: A problem you have had.


A problem that comes to mind right now is a problem with not finishing things that I start.
A craft project here or a book there. It all adds up to a pile of unfinished junk.

I have a whole list of books that I have started and not finished. Not because the books are not interesting, but because there are so many books that do look interesting that I can't help but start it. So I end up with a pile of books that I can't finish in any reasonable amount of time.
The same thing used to go for my crocheting. I would get about a quarter of the way through a blanket and then for some unknown reason it would just get forgotten about.
Little things like this have built up a fear of failure with bigger things. There are many things that I have avoided starting because I was afraid that I would not be able to finish them. A prime example is getting a teaching degree. I could have been done with this probably a couple years ago if I had gotten my butt in gear. Instead I sat on my hands and worried that i was not good enough and able to do the work that it took. There are still times that i beat myself up about all the time that I wasted.
Through it all, God has worked. Through my shortcomings he has come through and made something beautiful.
The truth is I am not good enough. I can't do the work. I never could, and will never be able to.
There is nothing that I can do without God. He gives me the wisdom, he gives me the drive, he gives me the grace and mercy to finish all that I start.
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
This is a promise that God has given everyone.  No matter who you are.  Draw your strength from God and you will be amazed at the things that you can do.

No comments: