Friday, January 21, 2011

Fascination

Day 25: Someone who fascinates you and why.

I recently watched Maya Angelou on OWN's Master Class (really great show by the way) and it is really easy to see why people love her.  There is a certain peace about her that makes everyone around her stop and listen.  I was completely enthralled in everything that she had to say.
I also started reading her biography, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.  I have to say her writing is so intriguing.  It is like she is sitting there telling you a story.  You can hear her voice in the words and imagine her inflection. There are so many talented authors in the world of words.  Though there are few, in my opinion that can capture you as Maya Angelou does. She does this not only in her books but in her speach.  She speaks with both grace and authority,  humility and courage, understanding and strength  If you have a chance to read it you should definitely take the time.

Maya Angelou fascinates me.





-- created @ yadayadayo.blogspot.com --

2 comments:

Charles & Kim Moore said...

I love Maya Angelou. You said it best. I love her because she's real too. Most of the time when women get her age they don't confess the sexual downfalls of their youth in hopes no one remembers. But not Maya, she keeps it real.

Kristen said...

I agree! he is such a beautiful person. She is testiment to what God can do with a life that is devoted to him.